Homes for Sale in Riverwood Golf and Athletic Club, Clayton
Taking a page from the past, Riverwood has the ambiance of a small town but the advantage of being located near major highways and interstates as well as the Raleigh-Durham metropolitan area. Riverwood is comprised of two very different communities that are less than 2 miles apart. Ever dream of living on a golf course? Riverwood Golf Club is a championship layout set in the beautiful rolling terrain along the Neuse River. Golf Course Designer, David Postlethwait, created 27 holes of the most dramatic golf you can play in North Carolina. When the community opened in 1997, North Carolina Magazine ranked it in the “Top Ten Best New Courses in North Carolina.” Most homes in this portion of the community have golf course views and are situated on large lots.
Residents of Riverwood Athletic Club enjoy the highest quality amenities only moments from their front doors. When you become a resident of Riverwood Athletic Club, you will enjoy a relaxing luxury lifestyle without the high luxury costs. Riverwood is the community for today’s families. Riverwood is place where children walk or ride bikes to award winning community schools. Riverwood offers maximum convenience for today’s families on the go by providing so many opportunities in the community from day care to music lessons to the Riverwood Athletic Club to a shopping complex across the street featuring a large chain grocery store. Families enjoy the active lifestyle Riverwood has to offer. All types of afternoon and evening activities can be found within the community, cutting down drive time and increasing quality family time.
Swimming amenities include: A large fenced-in children’s wading pool, perfect for non-swimmers; An outdoor event and lap pool with 1 meter diving board, 4 lap lanes, and basketball hoop; Indoor Competition Pool featuring six, 25-yard lanes perfect for lap swimming and a max depth of 8 feet; Outdoor Recreational Pool featuring children’s sprayground with max depth of 2.5 feet, 67-foot waterslide, cabana with restrooms, showers, shaded tables and ceiling fans, large sun
deck, security check-in and lifeguards; plus Professional Aquatics Programs including summer swim team and year round USS swim team, swim lessons, water aerobics, masters swim team and high school swim teams.
Riverwood hosts events and festivals throughout the year. In the past, street festivals, triathlons, artists-in-the-village concerts, Easter egg hunts, Christmas in Riverwood, and dinner with Santa have been held. Families can explore a wide array of amenities to extend their ties beyond the walls of their homes while simultaneously establishing themselves as families. Riverwood’s elementary and middle schools join the proud list of Johnston County schools which rank among the top in the Triangle area. Riverwood Elementary School and Riverwood Middle School have been designated as Schools of Excellence by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
The design of Riverwood Athletic Club offers residents stunning homes nestled in the natural beauty of Clayton ,while still offering quick access to Raleigh, I-40, I-540, and Hwy 70. Riverwood
though, goes beyond great location and quality real estate craftsmanship; it offers you a wide range of relaxing vistas, exciting experiences, and more time to enjoy life—all only a moment’s walk from your front door:
- Village Shops include an ice cream shop, spa, dog grooming, and more.
- Playgrounds offer mini escapes to burn off energy for children and parents alike, without having to pile everyone into the car to get there.
- Miles of walking and biking trails meander through the picturesque community and offer a wonderful way to work off the yummy visits to the ice cream shop!
- Your children will attend the highly-ranked and award-winning Riverwood Schools, which you and your children can easily walk to from your front door. Year after year, Riverwood’s onsite schools are ranked as some of the best schools in the country!
- Multiple park areas featuring gazebos offer perfect impromptu picnics with family and friends.
- Enjoy fishing in the community pond.
- A highly rated, community-based daycare is located right past the Village Shops at the entrances of Riverwood, making drop off and pick up a breeze as you commute to work. Riverwood even has irts own medical facility.
Are you ready for a work out? Riverwood Athletic Club has you covered! From the premier equipment in the workout center, to exercise classes and open gymnasium time, you can find the perfect workout schedule for you. At the Riverwood Athletic Club you will enjoy:
- Precor elliptical trainers, treadmills and stair climbers, NuStep cross trainers, Concept II rowing machines
- LifeCycles upright & recumbent cycling equipment, individual cardio cinemas
- Top of the Line Free Weights, Professional Fitness Management and Personal Trainers
- Aerobics classes such as Zumba, senior fit, kids fit, boot camp and more
- Summer Camps are also offered for additional costs per child
- Nursery Care for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years on Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 11:30am and Monday through Thursday 5:00pm to 8:00pm as well as Saturday care from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Homes in the Riverwood Athletic portion of the neighborhood include both single family homes and townhomes. Townhomes range from the low $90’s and up. Single family from the $150’s and up. Residents owning single family homes enjoy all amenities for low HOA fee of $60/month which includes golf times that are published. Owners of townhomes pay $108/month for the same priviledges but also for ground keeping and exterior maintenance.
For more information or to arrange for a personal tour, contact area expert and real estate professional, Ernie Behrle with BuySmart Realty .